One Way or Another - Someone's Out To Get Me

I got maced the other day.

I think.

I was on my way to pick up the babysitter and popped a mint in my mouth. It was one of those bumpy mints that come in a small, round canister. One side says, "To Share" the other says, "Not to Share" (of course this is the big side). Anyway, my mint was one of those kinds.

I sucked on it for a few minutes when I realized it was getting really minty, really fast. My stomach started to feel a bit nauseus and my throat began to really hurt. It was as though I could feel my throat beginning to constrict. I took the mint out and threw it away. My eyes started watering like crazy.

I arrived at the babysitter's home with tears in my eyes and feeling pretty disoriented. But, I was on a schedule :-)  I needed to get to my appointment regardless of being able to breathe. My friend (the mother) asked me if I was OK. I just said, "No, not really, but I think it will get better."  I am glad she still let me take her daughter.

It was an awful experience. It probably took 15 minutes for all of those strange symptoms to go away. Later that day, I explained to another friend and her husband what happened and he said, "Those are the exact symptoms of someone getting mace in their face".

So, there you have it. Someone's watching . . . .

2 comments:

  1. At least it wasn't as bad as an "Airborne" tablet right in the mouth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janie -- it was WAY worse than the Airborne experience. My throat was closing off. No joke.

    ReplyDelete