One of my children has always given me the impression that she adores me. She has clearly been my little pet. Somehow today, I have rocked her world and I guess the bubble has officially burst.
To introduce my story, let me just say that I have owned a pair of reading glasses for over 15 years. Just because I sometimes only wear them once a year really doesn't change the fact that they are in my possession.
Now, to back my story up, I printed out an article I needed to study using a ridiculously small font size (there are over 200 slides in the presentation/article!). I have been hefting around my 25 or so sheets of paper, trying to grab a few minutes of study when I could.
OK, today I took my above-mentioned daughter into a doctor for an eye exam. While in the waiting room, I put on my glasses and started studying. She looked at me and said,
"Whose glasses are those Mom?"
They're mine.
"Are they really yours? Those glasses are really freaking me out" (I don't think I've ever heard her use this phrase before)
"Does Dad know you have glasses?"
"Are you going to get a surgery to fix your eyes?"
"Please don't wear those around me."
I couldn't even make this stuff up. I have shaken the rug right out from under her. Our little bond is forever disintegrating.
I was so taken back by her response, I asked her to take a picture of me so that I will always remember the day her world ended.
Agh! Get those off!!
ReplyDeleteThis post is really funny! Those glasses are ancient and belong in a museum!
Now my world has been shaken.
Kidding, of course! I like ur get up, plus the glasses make u look all smart and stuff, like u taught ur daughter freakin!