The Apology

Yesterday my son hit my oldest daughter, not hard enough to make her cry but I did get wind of "the hit" and wanted to make sure he understands that our family doesn't hit (this would be my 100th attempt to help him understand that, by the way).

I told him he couldn't have any screen privileges until he wrote an apology to her.

Today, he was reminded of his punishment, so he reluctantly went to work. I was in the kitchen washing dishes and kept hearing giggles. I wondered what in the world he was up to and would soon find out.

Go ahead and read his apology note and see if you can guess who is inspirator was:





In case you aren't "up" on your Anne of Green Gables literature, he has pretty closely copied Anne Shirley's apology to Rachel Lynde when she (Anne) called Rachel fat. My son even got down on his knee to read his apology to his sister. I was busting up, I didn't realize how closely he was following the book I am reading to his sisters..

May your apologies this week be sincere.

8 comments:

  1. Totally great! He could've added "I'm sore-ee" like Gil says to Anne in the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids provide so much comedic relief - I guess that was part of the "great design"

    Janie - I can hear it now . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA That is the greatest thing ever! I love it. Your stories always make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how he crossed out I love you! Haha
    Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic story! I love it! I have to give his memory credit for remembering that apology note from the book so clearly. I also love the heart he drew and that he got on one knee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Anne of Green Gables and your family!!! This is just hilarious!! Thanks for the smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. His sister was laughing the whole time he was apologizing. She couldn't figure out why he was acting to sincerely and talking so differently than usual.

    ReplyDelete