Someone stole my cart!

Story for Sisters in Seattle
 
I will share this story in a different format -- I will let my sister be the author and I will let you see how our editing exchanges took place at the end. Read ON:
Melissa, Marci, Janie, Jess, Colette - Seattle Temple
LOVE these Ladies
 
Janie's Perspective on our trip to Costco
 
Colette, Jessie and I stayed in the car while Melissa and Marci ran in to Costco. They were taking FOREVER so Colette kicked back in her seat and tried to snooze and we talked for awhile. Melissa and Marci kept texting saying things like "Marci is loving it in here -it's her first time in Costco" and then they'd send us pics of clothing items to ask our opinion. They finally said they were getting close to coming out, so we found a parking space near the front of the store and watched for them to come out.
 
Then the following happened: A man came out of Costco with a full cart. A woman pulled up and opened the trunk. As the man put his first load of groceries in the trunk, his cart rolled backward across the parking lot, and, get this - right into the cart return!! At that same moment, a van pulled up and stopped right between the man and his rogue cart. He couldn't see his cart due to the van, and as he turned to get another load, he threw his hands up and grabbed his hair (he was kind of a Norwegian ski-bum looking guy, longer blonde hair, big build) and yelled "SOMEONE TOOK MY CART!" Then he banged on the driver's side window where his woman was sitting and yelled again, "SOMEONE TOOK MY CART!" Then he kind of started running around, back and forth, yelling "SOMEONE TOOK MY CART!" in his Norwegian ski bum accent. If I remember correctly, there were a few swear words thrown in there too. Colette and I decided to help the poor man out and rolled down our windows to tell him. I said, "It's over here!!" but he was kind of frantic at this point and just looked at me and kept yelling "SOMEONE TOOK MY CART!" Then, Colette, in her gentle voice said, "Sir! Sir! Excuse me! Your cart rolled over here!" He heard her, finally and went over to get his cart, parked right in the cart return, still full of groceries. He just kept swearing, and didn't even turn to tell us thank you or anything...

So there you go. Don't let anyone take your cart
 
Jess the Queen chimes in:
Jane, thanks for retelling this story. I love it! However, do you think Colette could have yelled to a point where that man could hear her with her soft voice? I think that part might be a little off, but no worries that my name was replaced with Colette's. I love it anyway.
 
Back to Jane
Oh no! Sorry I messed that part of the story up. As I was retelling it I felt like a person trying to describe a criminal event (am I getting the details right?) Anyway, sorry.
Jane the insane
In talking to Jane the Insane about this after the email exchange, I stood up for myself (and my quiet voice) when Janie told me that Jess was the one who yelled out to the guy by telling Janie, "Jess probably had to clear her throat before yelling to the guy."
 


 
One last funny for the day, Marci told us to smile for a picture at the pier. We pulled a "Marci" -- look at our eyes. Hahahaha -- we love you Marci!



10 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! Hey--I was just at that pier yesterday! Good times were had by all. :)

    By the way, I was on an airplane once, snuggled up to my pillow by the window, and the lady behind me STOLE MY PILLOW! Seriously. I leaned forward, and when I leaned back, it was gone. I looked all around my seat. Nothing. I peeked through the seats and she had TWO. Oh yes.

    What do you do in a situation like that? If I had made a big deal about it, I would have looked like the crazy person. Who does that anyway? Sheesh! Get a life, lady! (Or better yet, get a pillow of your own, and leave mine alone!) Okay. I'm done now. Obviously not a bit traumatized or bitter about that little incident. Glad I could get that off my chest after all these years. (No cuss words were uttered in the typing of this story.)
    Signing off...

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your comment Linnae - thanks for the great story . I would be ticked at the pillow story. I can't believe she did that. People these days . . .

    I"m glad you got to go down to the pier. It is fun and you were here for a nice weather weekend, which makes the pier even better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm a guest blogger! I feel extra special. I love thinking about that fun weekend-crazy Norwegian ski bum guy and all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marci and I found those awesome running jackets! Seriously the coolest thing ect! Of course, they r from Costco!
    Marci needed a lot more time in there.
    It seems Costco always has sloped parking lots. Sadie has left me numerous times as my cart rolls away! Should I swear?
    So, next post, consignment store , carrots, gum wall, cramming into the short row at church, the airport friends...

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, Melissa - just swear.
    I'd love to put the consignment shop pictures up here, funniest ever. but, Melissa - would you hurt me if I did?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My look is not so sweet in those uh in style jeans!, is that what ur declaring? Bring it on! A diamond in the rough, lemons to lemonade, rainbow after a storm. They were beautiful and a priceless find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do NOT put consignment store pictures on here...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jane, r u chicken? Ur look was awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am almost crying I am laughing so much. I don't know why that story was so funny to me. I mean it was funny, but I was trying not to laugh so much, because I'm just in this room with Jeff and it's a little weird to be rolling around on the floor. I love you girls and ps can I come to your next sister time. I don't know what you call it. Sister fest?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holly -- please come next time. We don't have a name yet. hmmm, We'll have to come up with something. We pretty much laughed the whole weekend. Thanks for your fun comment. Jeff already knows you are weird if it has anything to do with extended family right?

    ReplyDelete