We are just in stitches all the time around here .. .
OK, maybe not all the time, but last week was particularly funny. I am going to have to just list out all the funny, but first let me just say that laughter really does a body good. My husband works very long hours each day and on the nights that I can share something funny with him, both of our mood's are lifted. It is an amazing phenomenon: laughing so much about something that you can't even talk. Keep it up!
Egg Rolls
This was the day I am referring to above. I don't think I've introduced the kids to much in the way of Asian authentic food and when I happily presented each of them one vegetable egg roll, I got all kinds of looks and little comments about how they just didn't think they were going to like it.
After I sat down, 5 yr old started asking me questions about the time she threw up on Halloween night. She wanted to know what I had said to her about holding food down. I said, "_______, I told you that you were having a hard time keeping food down."
She then sweetly replied, "Mom, I just don't think I am going to be able to keep this egg roll down."
I didn't laugh about it at the time, but when I related to "Big D" later, it came across as so funny. Love that.

It is amazing how something funny can life one's mood and make things easier to deal with. I'm glad your youngest seems to be obtaining that talent!
ReplyDeleteMy husband's humor, and ability to make almost anything funny, is one of the main reasons I married him.
I wish we saw you and your family more often.