So, this is Africa

My friend has been compiling needed items for her humanitarian trip to Africa to build a school. She lives a few blocks away from me. For the past two weeks, I have been referring to "those kids in Africa" as I held up a toy or game or book. We came up with a pretty good stash of things to send.

My youngest and I loaded everything on to the front porch of Linda's home. After the first trip, my little girl looked up at me and said, "Is this Africa?"

Do you remember wondering about far-off places when you were a kid?


 Africa Political Map
http://www.vmapas.com/Africa/Africa_Political_Map.jpg/maps-en.html
I don't think Africa was in my comprehension. We watched a show called, "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego" that was pretty cool and I learned about a lot of far-off sounding places. I wondered how the announcer could say all those names.

When I lived in Utah, USA :-), I became friends with a woman and found out she grew up in Africa. She had whiter skin than me, needless to say - my small-town brain was shocked.


No comments:

Post a Comment