Mom, did you know?

This is a borrowed "funny" but has cracked me up every time I think of it. My friend is drop-dead gorgeous. She is from Albania and literally jaw-dropping beautiful. Anyway, I guess that doesn't really matter in the context of this story, but if you can somehow picture this woman (Albanians are caucasion ethnicity) telling the story, you will imagine her expressions and accent.

Miss Albania (I will refer to her as that) married a man, born in America but of Chinese descent. Both of his parents are Chinese. OK, with that background here we go.

This couple has three children, 10, 7, and 4. The seven-year old home from school the other day and animatedly exclaimed to her mother, "Mom, did you know I am half Chinese?!!"

Hilarious - I love living in such a diverse locality where kids see themselves as no different than another.

No comments:

Post a Comment