I hired my friend to paint the cloud room. Let's see if I can find a good before picture:
| taken in 2009 |
Sky blue walls with cloud borders, cloud garbage can and even a cloud comforter. I live in a cloudy place and I was getting a little clouded-out. Plus, the room just seemed so dark at night.
Last year, I handed my mom four itty-bitty-sized scraps of paper and said, "Mom, could you make a quilt out of those colors?" Of course she could and of course she did. The quilt is Amazing. Seriously, it is just like one you'd find on Pottery Barn. It is so girly, yet not baby-ish. It is feminine and chic and I just love it. So, with my friend's decorating expertise, we studied the quilt and chose some paint colors. I told her I wanted stripes (like she's done in her house).
I can't even describe how happy this room makes me. It is the one room in my entire house that I have chosen the coloring and it actually looks awesome. I walk by there and get a little rush. Every time.
| Who needs Vitamin D in Seattle? Not I... |
I know I still have more changes to make (rug, bed skirts, hire my mom to make a second quilt, paint the other furniture in the room) but I have the major part done and my motivation is set in motion. I am excited to get going on it all. Know that in my excitement, I am not a rusher. I may live with this room the way it is for another year. I like to take my time and plan out the way I want things to look, plus I don't have a lot of extra time.
I think it looks awesome! she is giving me a run for my money! You're on friend! I am excited it is done! So fun to walk by the room and feel fresh and happy!
ReplyDelete