I left my son in charge of my parents :-) when I needed to leave for a speech session. The report upon my arrival:
Son: Grandpa needs to learn more patience
Grandpa (my dad): He changes the rules too much so I quit
My 5 yo had no problem buttering right up to her grandparents.
| Dad didn't like reading "Joseph Had a Little Overcoat" he said it was too silly |
Oh, this is where I learned my dad knows all about "felons" -- can you believe it? Just google/bing it: "felon".
That is what I almost had a few weeks ago with an infection. He talked about his mom getting a felon. Of all the crazy facts I didn't know.
Then we had violin lessons. My dad iced his knee at my house and my mom came with me (cheerfully - even though I commanded her to come). I actually stayed awake and wrote legible notes. My mom smiled and acted like she enjoyed the whole thing. I loved having her there.
We had a great evening (my kids had the idea to wait and do our weekly "Family Night" with Grandpa and Grandma). So, they got to have first hand experience of London Bridges, Chutes and Ladders, and a story and discussion from the Friend magazine.
| Doesn't my dad look enthused? Seriously - swap a smile . . |
Anyway, that was my main smile this past week.
| Playing the "Fuller Bang" |
| Swinging Bridge at a local campsite |
Yay! I'm so glad you got to see the folks for a few days. I'm sure lonesome for mine, too--this post made me smile with a few tears in my eyes. I guess it's a good thing we're headed out there in a few weeks. :)
ReplyDeleteHow long are you visiting your family? I wonder if we'll cross paths. I am headed out there in the middle of July. I have been thinking about you a lot with all of the weather-related issues int he midwest. I wondered if you knew anyone affected or if you were familiar with areas. Take Care!
ReplyDeleteI love seeing Mom and Dad in your "element." They are so funny, and so fun! The picture of them on the couch is a weird angle - it makes their legs look huge to me. I love the cherry dress on K. I think Mom made that, right?
ReplyDeleteHi Jane - yes, that picture angle is funny. I laugh when I think of it. I put something in the caption but then studied Dad's feet and wondered if they just are in fact huge.Yes, Mom made the dress.
ReplyDelete