Yesterday, when I came upon a car with an Idaho license plate that had a capital "I" followed by a space and then some numbers, I smiled. You see, in Idaho, many people have a license plate number that is associated with the county where they live. It is pretty awesome to be driving around the Idaho, the Pacific Northwest, or the whole country :-), see an Idaho car and immediately have a vague idea of where the person is from.
I texted a friend whose husband grew up in Idaho, or at least spent 4th grade in Idaho (state history - instruction done in 4th grade), and asked which county starts with an "I". Boy, I really failed coming up on this one myself. Of course, I should have thought, "Idaho County". He came up with the correct answer and then followed up with, "What about 2L?" I immediately came up with "Leadore" but I think the correct answer is "Lemhi".
There is no such thing as googling the correct answer in this game, you know.
In case you want to refresh your learning, check this page out. I did and learned there is no such thing as "Leadore" county. Shoot. Don't tell Mrs. Matthews.

No comments:
Post a Comment