We are keeping the King County Library System hopping with all of the "holds" and checking out we are doing. We have the audio books, the real books, and the movies, just not all seven (from the series) at once. I think at this very moment, we have just one movie, two audio versions, and maybe one book.
I heard "damn" used in the story as I walked by the kids listening the other day. I channeled my inner Neil Fuller and said, "What are you listening to?" (only my brow wasn't furrowed and I don't think my voice was impatient --growing up, he seemed to ALWAYS walk in on movies during the worst part).
My nine-year old innocently looked up at me and said, "But Mom, this is damn good. You told us damn is a swear word when it is damn bad and this is just damn good. So, it is OK."
Out of the mouths of babes . . .
| Add caption |
Bwah ha ha! The best part about this, is that our own Dad only swears when he is telling a story and quoting a person in the story. So your kids are really just following his example!
ReplyDelete