I kid you not, visions of my dad's big, work-booted foot, stomping through the family's green-carpeted living room floor haunts me to this day. I think he really could have done that.
If he wanted to :-)
I was living in Provo and married when the Red Sox won the World Series (first in my lifetime). That was the greatest win ever. Not only had they come from behind in the series, but that last game was pulled off in heroic fashion (anyone remember the bloody leg?).
Well, tonight is another night to go down in history. Congrats to all Red Sox Fans and most especially for my dear dad. Sweet dreams :-)
Just a note to add for fun memory sake: my mom didn't return home till almost midnight, the night the Red Sox won the World Series. Apparently Dad waited up for her. He had gotten out all of his Red Sox Memorabilia and spread it all over the living room couch. The next day was Halloween and there was no question he dressed to the nines in Red Sox everything :-).
Good for your dad! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Sooz -- it is a fun tradition, baseball :-)
DeleteI love that picture. I bet your Dad had a lot to say to my Dad on the phone.
ReplyDelete