Merry-Go-Round

I really love a carousel. I always have been drawn to them. My favorite is one up in Victoria, B.C. Canada -- Butchart Gardens. The creatures were beautiful:



One year we were in Idaho at a fun splash park and my daughter was drawn to the carousel like a magnet. I kept finding her, having wandered back over there - standing in line.

Tonight, we got to ride on a carousel in our city, celebrating our centennial year -- pretty cool eh? It was even free of charge. My "laugh" of the day was when I turned around to look at my seven year old on her horse. She was acting as though the horse were real and bucking her a little bit, she kept kicking at it with the "stirrups" -- it all looked so awkward and funny. She has such a cute little sly smile. I love that innocence of playing "pretend" but not really wanting anyone to see you pretending.


I played pretend till I was in 8th grade. I remember thinking, "How could anyone ever give this up?"

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you mean your name really isn't Kimberly Perkins? That was all pretend?
    Sincerely,
    Tori Spelling

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha ha -- you make me laugh

    Thanks

    My girls area always pretending to be Kimberly Perkins now, they love my name

    ReplyDelete