One of my funniest friends said something the other day that still makes me laugh, plus my own laugh from Saturday, so here goes:
The other day, while chatting at her house, a friend (definite clean freak) said, "Have I told you about my new washer and dryer? I love them. I think I'd like to bear my testimony about them, they are true :-). I put dirty clothes in them and the clothes come out clean and smelling so good."
This leads me to my Saturday testimony of Sinus Rinses - they are also true :-).
I have been fighting a cold for the past week or so, and Saturday my voice was especially nasally and in-a-can-like. My husband asked me a question and I gave a long drawn-out reply, which is my usual style. When I paused for him to make a comment, he looked at me with a grin and said, "All I heard was, "I need a sinus rinse, I need a sinus rinse." He said it in such a funny way that it made me laugh. Then, he told me he likes when I smile. So, of course, I smiled again. My kids also told me they like when I smile, so obviously, I need to do it more often. I will keep this blog going so that I can keep finding reasons to smile.
He did give me a sinus rinse that day and to his credit, he gives our kids sinus rinses almost daily over the winter cold season. I am telling you, if you haven't invested in the sinus rinse kit from Costco - don't delay. My kids' health has improved SO much since we began (or should I say he -- it is disgusting and totally my husband's thing) doing this.
Now, go do the right thing.


I have to admit, I am not fully converted when it comes to sinus rinses. Something about pouring a bunch of water up my nose just makes me think of crazy things like drowning and stuff... but one of my brothers and his wife, who shall remain nameless, have "his" and "hers" neti pots (I'm sure you've heard of those, right? If not, your husband has, no doubt) that have a permanent residence in their bathroom. I was duly impressed and a little bit grossed out--but not as grossed out as I would have been had they been SHARING the neti pots, so you know, it's all good.
ReplyDelete"Drowning and stuff" is how you feel, so I totally understand what you are saying. Sinus rinses don't do a thing for me, but for my kids, they've been a huge benefit to better health. I really believe that. Perhaps it is b/c little kids don't know how to really blow their noses. Anyway, the "his and hers" story is very funny. Yes, gross too.
ReplyDeleteColette this is hilarious! I love hearing about your family :) they make me smile-which I hope they like as well! ;)
ReplyDeleteThanks Kenz! You are awesome. I love your smile. I love that picture on FB of you in St. George. Isn't it cool that Unc Mac is there? What a good guy.
Delete