Where's Baby Jesus

This could be in one of those magazines or book of story compilations at Christmastime, but here goes:

A few years ago, I bought my first nativity set, a fairly child-proof resin-made grouping of the familiar pieces. I guess when the company said, "child-proof", they weren't considering hard-wood floors but that is for another day :-).

My little girls have loved playing with the nativity (as I hoped they would) and it came as no suprise to find pieces missing. I looked and looked. Baby Jesus was missing as well as a three-legged, one-eared lamb (thank the hardwood floors and excitable children).
Since this is my "happy" blog, I might as well mention another decoration that makes me very happy, that is my wooden beads that you can see in the top of the picture. I love them.
I had just about given up hope when I was packing up some other things. Wouldn't you know it, Baby Jesus was hidden in a candy dish.
This is where you come up with your own ending or moral to the story. Something like, "don't let the real reason for the season get hidden in the candy dish."

No comments:

Post a Comment