![]() |
| Friday Night Biking |
This morning on the way to school, Callie and I ended up making up a fun game. She was complaining that I was making her walk so I started saying things like, “Callie, how about instead saying, “Thanks Mom, for making me breakfast” or another of the things done to make her life better.
However, every single line I came up with, Callie added an “even though”. So, she would repeat what I asked of her and then add on something like, “Thanks for making me breakfast, even though you made me have milk in my oatmeal.” She did this so consistently that by the time we got up to the park, I started laughing. By the time we got to the crossing guard, she was smiling too so we switched roles and she started coaching me on what I need to be thankful for. One of the first things was, “Thanks for marrying Dad”. So, I said, “Thanks for marrying Dad, even though he is a big teaser.” We have decided to call this the “thankful” game.
“Thanks for taking us to Idaho . . . .even though
we didn’t get to stay at Grandma Moss’s longer”
“Thanks for signing me up for gymnastics . . . .even though
I didn’t get to be in the jets class.”
“Thanks for taking me on a Disney Cruise . . .even though it has been
So long, I am starting to forget how fun it was.”
“Thanks for letting me have so many stuffed kitties . . . .even though
What I really want is a real cat.”
I love my girl. This past Friday, as she biked up to school, I was behind her when she rode full-throttle into the back of a neighbor's hummer's trailer hitch. I was caught off guard and immediately worried she'd hurt herself and then aghast that she did it in the first place. In full Neil Fuller fashion, I asked her why she had done that. She simply answered, "It wouldn't move".
![]() |
| So Many Fun Pink Tents |
Last story, Friday night I cajoled her into biking down through the park to dance class to avoid the 5:00 Friday evening traffic. It ended up seeming like we were in some kind of parade. Callie asked, "Why is everything so pink?" It turns out, we rode right through the finish line of that day's, "three-day Race for the Cure" route.
![]() |
| Look at the bags I was carrying! She wasn't embarrassed of me, I don't think :-). |



No comments:
Post a Comment