Yes, that's right, I declare war.
 |
| Ocean Shores Aug 2010 |
I have lived here for 12 years and make a trip to the coast about once a year. We have gone down to Neskowan, Rockaway, Cannon Beach, Seaside, Ocean Shores a couple of times, Forks/La Push/Rialto Beach, up to Victoria B.C. and finally I'm even counting Port Angeles in this fight. So, maybe the score isn't quite 10 to 1, but close.
 |
| Neskowan 2006 |
The one thing I know for sure is there has only been one time that I can remember having a warm day at the beach - THE WAY IT SHOULD BE.
 |
| Spring Break on Seaside April 2013 |
C'mon weatherman, what is the problem here? When we've gone over mid-winter break, I cut some slack (Cannon Beach), I mean it was winter after all. Spring break on Seaside was perhaps wishful thinking a few years ago. But, August 26th, are you kidding me?
The whole drive down to Rockaway a few weekends ago, I was blissfully content with the outlook and the day ahead. The sky was a gorgeous blue, the temperature outside was living up to its promised 75 degrees or above. Ahhhh, we were FINALLY getting our turn.
It was even Darren's birthday.
We pulled into Rockaway Beach to meet my sister Jess, who was standing out to greet us with her son. Well, they were both wearing swimsuits, but she had on a jacket and her beautiful hair was flying all around. Oh no!! What could be happening?
 |
| Rockaway Hopefuls August 2017 |
It was a WINDY day at the beach, and I'm not talking about a nice warm Florida breeze, I'm talking about the sand-in-my-veggie-platter type of breeze.
 |
My youngest doing a pretty good beach plank
August 2017 |
Yes, the water and waves were incredible (they really were), the scenery breath-taking really (I love how Oregon beaches seem to have some kind of rock structure sticking out of the water), and Erik dug a really cool gigantic hole in the sand. The kids managed to have some typical beach experiences. I just couldn't get over the fact we had been stymied yet again by that ole- Pacific Ocean Beach.
To top this story off, Darren somehow and by some kind of Pacific Ocean Beach beast, got a terrible (and I mean terrible - like his feet have been swollen all week) sunburn from his shins down to his bare feet.
 |
| Hawaii 2008 |
This fight aint over yet -- ahh, I just thought of a redeeming trip. It was Hawaii. OK, there was also a California trip with a good beach experience. Pacific Ocean Beast hasn't gotten the best of me just yet.
 |
| Rialto Beach - maybe La Push |
(oh, and the one good Pacific Northwest Beach experience I can remember is when I took my kids clear out to Forks where we spent the day, I'm sure that was August too). →→
Hmm...Oregon coast and warmth? I can't think of a time I've experienced them both at the same time, either! Not that it ever stopped us from going, or my kids from getting wet.
ReplyDelete