By this point in our trip, our kids were very comfortable checking themselves in and out of the child centers, our room, the ice cream bar . . . .savvy? Every day before this our son begged and begged to just be allowed to "explore the ship".
So we let him.
Honest.
He had an id bracelet and room key, and we had our cell phone so we just left him on the boat. And, he will tell you that was the best move we've ever made. He had a complete blast. When I asked him what he did (maybe four hours), with a huge grin on his face he reported, "I went up and down the stairs thirteen times". Then I asked him if he had any ice cream and the grin came back - with a sheepish, "Yes". He also spent time in the child center. He will definitely tell you this was his favorite part of the cruise.
Meanwhile, we were having a little key lime pie.
We found a beach and enjoyed swimming and relaxing. It was another beautiful, sunny day. I loved talking with Darren. The girls were so much fun. It was just a great vacation day.
So, the significance of these pictures are that our oldest daughter became ecstatic when she saw the name of this museum; Mel Fisher. Apparently in one of her series, there is a character named Ruth Rose who goes back in time. We heard about Ruth Rose's adventures a number of times, in fact she is probably like family :-).
I honestly can't remember being reunited with our our son, but he was so excited to have been "grown up" and allowed some independence.
We enjoyed the last night of entertainment once again. I looked at all of the fancy pictures taken of our family that would've cost $250 dollars (in the ship's library) and then went to bed around midnight.
We had many pictures taken with Disney characters.
We also got three pillowcases signed for the kids that have been really fun to look at since we've returned home.
I guess that just about does it for this Disney Cruise Vacation. Thumbs up review from this family. See you on the open sea . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment