You know, there are just so many things we as parents try to teach our children. Let's see, today, for example, my children wanted to know what "swollen" means. It happened to be so handy that my oldest daughter could demonstrate swollen with her emergency elastics (she always has hair bands around her wrist because a girl just never knows when they might come in handy). She showed how red and "swollen" the tips of her fingers could get after squeezing the blood out. You know, this is the kind of discussion that occurs in elementary-age households across the country.
Apparently, I have missed the boat on teaching my children swear words. The other day, my daughter excitedly showed me a story she had quickly whipped up. She narrated it at the same time I read the story. Just to give you a full picture: in addition to the already plethora of "shit" endings, she has a tongue thrust and pronounces all of her /ch/ as /sh/.
I think I'll quietly put this story aside. I'll just keep it in her "special" things box. It is very special indeed ;-).
Bwahhaha! What a funny story! Love that girl!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jane. I'd like to know what inspired this story.
DeleteI think we need mom to type what she wrote, just to make sure I am reading it correctly.
ReplyDeleteThen I will need go Walshybryed out with soap to clean the filth away. Haha
This is an awesome story!
She must be hearing that word at home to use it in her story!
Crazy huh? She asked me so sweetly, "Don't you like it Mom?" Then she went on to describe the pictures.
DeleteWash my eyes
ReplyDelete