You know how there are childhood memories that seem absolutely perfect, then look at the picture and see a few flaws in what you thought was perfection?
I thought I had the best bike in Clifton. It was really cool. It had a banana seat and everything.
![]() |
| My mom made that shirt |
Today's memory isn't about the town dogs though, it's about bikes. Once, I was outside of the school playing, as usual, when Curt came up to me and took my bike for a spin. He drove it like a boss down the Weatherspoon's Bike Trail. When he got to the grand finale, the sweet jump at the end -- he went over the jump like a hot shot and the front bike tire became loose from the frame and rolled down the street towards The Twin Lakes Mercantile leaving Curt and bike eating dirt.
It didn't really help matters that the Twin Lakes Baseball team was
Curt is still older and wiser. I think he keeps his distance from pedal bikes though :-)
And, maybe for my next memory - I'll go through the rest of the town dogs.

You bring memories to life! Love the trip down memory lane....
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThat is one sweet bike! Check out those handle bars! These are the dogs I remember most (besides those you mentioned): Weatherspoon's dog with three legs named Chelsie, Ralph's dog Sasha who sat in the middle of the road most of the time; and let's not forget Mumford's dog, named Champion 2000. I was scared of every single dog in that town.
ReplyDelete