First Day of Summer Vacation pt 2
My youngest daughter has been participating in a dance class all year. She loves ballet and tap. She was the oldest in the class, which really built her confidence. Today was her "Show Week" which is sort of like a recital, only no costumes or stressful performance. The Little Gym has some pretty good methods for teaching children coordination and appreciation for dance without a lot of competition. I enjoyed seeing her follow the routines so closely and so accurately.
After watching her dance, we headed for our summer vacation celebration food destination (of Mom's choice -- make point of that, hey, I really deserve something for making it through another year).
On the way, I picked up some cupcakes from a fancy shmancy shop for which my coupon was going to expire any day. I let the girls buy some cute little sixlet candies: pink, white, and brown. I'm telling you, this cupcake shop has "little girl" written all over it. The girls brought their little containers of sixlets into the pizza shop that I wanted to try out for lunch.
The three kids were sitting (and I thought settled) across the room while I finished ordering. All of the sudden, I hear - wait, the whole shopping center, hears a blood-curdling scream. Apparently, the big brother taunted his little sister just a bit, ("Who me?"), about eating her little candies. The whole place was at a stand-still while I tried to discreetly (ha ha) calm the situation down.
I'm ready for one of the cupcakes . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment