It's All Fun and Games Until . . .

Today is the first day of summer vacation. What a great day to look forward and sleep in and not pack a lunch.

I woke up extra early, headed off to exercise and came home to find my 9 yo practically giddy to "do the next thing" (which is chores or music). He accomplished all of his morning responsibilities before 8:00 and headed out the trampoline. Although the girls weren't quite as efficient with their time, they were outside with him.

It was raining.

No matter right? They started out their day, their summer with a bang.

It rained all day.

Needless to say, we had some fun today. We celebrated by having pizza at a new place that now tops my list:   Mod Pizza. I may go off on it a bit -- everything made fresh right before my eyes and all done super fast. The pizza isn't too crusty, which I love. It was delicious and affordable. They have mini-pizzas just the right size for my children to individually order what they wanted (of course they ended up all wanting the same kind, but at least they got their own same kind).  I just realized I will be needing to do a separate post about our experience there. Oh my! Children sure know how to make life interesting, that's all I will say about that.

We also bought some really fancy cupcakes, from a cute little pink cupcake store.

It was still raining this evening. The kids (mine plus a friend) ran outside because who wouldn't want to jump on the trampoline, in the pouring rain.

We won't get hurt - promise
I was just a tad nervous about the liability. I could just picture the children slipping off while climbing off (cement pad underneath). Anyway, they had a great time. At some point in the play, they migrated to the front yard and then the friend had to go home.

The next thing I know, I hear the outside water turn on and screaming.

Yup - you guessed it, big brother got an idea. Soaking wet sister - who is now also dripping wet -- didn't want to be wet anymore.
Look. Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment