Give it away, Give it away Now . . .
If I had just known to say that to my girls I would have.
We went to a little Produce Stand this afternoon. Since I am a city girl now, I have to qualify it like that :-). The workers there wear suspenders and have dirty hands, but they always give me a little taste of produce, which I gladly accept.
My favorite thing to splurge on is the pie towards the back.
This afternoon, we didn't go for pie :-( we went for just regular produce. Once we got there, I saw a sale and called my friend to share the news. In the meantime, my little wanderer daughter (older) led her sidekick (younger) over to the red chili peppers. I think this could have been their dialogue:
Wanderer: "Oh, look how cute and little and red."
Their Conscience: "And it is off in its own box with branches all around ...."
Clepto-Child: "Let's take one."
They each took a bite and to say they went ballistic is an understatement.
Where was their mother?
On the phone talking about pears, of course.
I heard them screaming before I saw them, I tried to walk away to finish up my conversation quickly. (I have to qualify here that these girls are known for screaming about dogs and flies). I could see they weren't hurt as I walked around my vehicle trying to keep the noise away from the phone. I could also see and hear that they could still breathe (which meant they hadn't eaten nuts, which they are allergic to). I got off the phone and attended to them. They were still screaming with drool just streaming down their mouths - both of them. It was like a double nightmare. I couldn't get either of them to tell me what happened. They were begging for water, for food, for chapstick, anything. I just kept grabbing whatever I could find (luckily the kids' backpacks were in the car, so we had some water bottles and leftover carrots from lunch) and trying to get them away from the general populus frequenting the produce stand. This ordeal was something like 15 minutes or maybe 15 hours long.
You know what is strange, not a single person at the produce stand (worker or shopper) seemed to acknowledge the spectacle. I can't figure that out. No one said a word to me! And, after I got the initial fire put out, I did shop around in there. Yet, they still didn't say a word or ask if my girls were OK, or "hmm, guess they learned their lesson.". Notta
I guess that goes with wearing suspenders and having a little dirt under the nails. Deal with it.



Why did I not know you had a blog???? This is my first visit and I feel a little ripped off that you've had this the whole time and I haven't been reading it. I loved your red hot chili peppers post. So funny, especially if it is someone else's kids.
ReplyDeleteOh man, I can picture it all. Except I probs would have beelined it for the car full of embarrassment and hit the road. Way to keep the pride. I love this story, it reminds me completely of something my kids would have done, and mostly myself as a kid. I also didn't know you had a blog, Hol just told me a few days ago and being the skilled computer expert that I am, I couldn't seem to figure out how to get there. Then you visited our blog and alas, we've come to find each other. I loved it, and I love that you introduced yourself on our blog. Haha, I guess there could be peeps that are too young to know all your rich history. Plus I'll have to stalk your blog because Gutts hasn't posted for several years now. :) Thanks for the giggles.
ReplyDelete