My little girlish girls are just fascinated about when I was a "boy".
 |
| Everyone has one of these dandies in their past don't they? |
Ha ha, that sounds much different on here than it does in real life. Of course, I've never been a boy but since my girls saw this picture, they are fixated on why my hair was "like that". They've come up with the following theories:
- Grandma must've not liked doing girls' hair
- Grandma must've wanted 5 boyish girls (3 out of the five girls sported similar hairdoes - although I must say Marci really got the good end of this deal, her 'do was way better than mine)
My daughters' next questions are regarding my little sisters Jane and Jess. Why didn't they have to have their hair cut? How old were they when this happened (we've concluded Jessie was probably a bald baby about this time so she looked boyish too). We aren't sure why Janie would've been the one non-boyish girl.
You were much too pretty to be a boy! Look at how cute you were. You could have been bald and still have been one of the cutest EVER!
ReplyDeleteColette this cracks me up!! My first grade picture is very similar. I would always cry when my mom combed my hair and so one day my dad chopped it off...no joke.
ReplyDeleteSo cute!!! It was the good old days
ReplyDeleteI was mary lou rheton, thank you! So, with that came the "boyish hair cut"
ReplyDeleteRemember when you were barbara mandrell? I was, louise. Marci was the estes pretty one. I think she preplanned that!
Melissa - the Wiser one :-) I would love to see a picture of you like this. I can totally imagine your dad doing this "for" you. Funny comment.
ReplyDeleteCamille -- I wish I could carry you around in my back pocket so you could make me feel better every day.
Melissa-Mary-Lou -- the next time we are together we are SO you tubing the Mandrell Sisters.
Now I feel I must comment on each of your posts. I remember when you got your hair cut like that. Don't be mad at me, but I didn't think it was cute, whoever anonymous is up there. I do remember Guts wanting to be Mary Lou Rheton. Also, me, Ang, and Ern were also the Mandrell sisters. Ha Ha. Good times.
ReplyDeleteHa! Love this Colette! My first and second grade pics are the same! My mom even dressed me in a maroon polo with stripes that looks anything but girlish. Or maybe I dressed myself-I was a major tomboy and my mom probably got tired of fighting me. So fun to see how you're doing!
ReplyDeleteHolly, I didn't realize you guys were also channeling your inner Mandrell -- ha ha, I would love to see a reenactment.
ReplyDeleteShannon, I love your comment, little 2nd graders can be so stubborn can't they? Good thing you turned out so cute.