I'm sure you've all got stuff lying around that should have been thrown out a long time ago. Do you remember the kinds of head phones we wore as teenagers on the school bus thinking we were all that?
Today, my children and I were racing out the door to violin lesson. I had the grand idea to grab my laptop so my son could play some games during the hour-long lesson. Oh, and he would need headphones. We actually have little ear buds all over the place, but I couldn't think about that at a time like this, so I just grabbed the nearest thing - my husband's old, very old headphones.
As you can see, I really want you to have the picture in your head of these headphones. This story isn't even that funny, but when I told my husband about it tonight, we did one of those laughing-so-hard-no-sound comes out kind of thing.
As I pulled the headphones out of my computer bag to hand to my son, noticed crumbly black stuff was coming off in my hand like crazy. I wiped the black crumbles away quickly before the violin teacher might notice. The computer was on a little table and my son happily put the headphones on him and was content throughout the lesson. When I peeped over at him halfway, he had black foam crumbles all over his cheeks and shirt. The headphones were shedding. It was quite a sight. There was black crumbly stuff on the floor (I did manage to pick up the bigger pieces to throw away). Anyway, I wish I could have snapped a picture of my son, with a black beard of headphone foam. Then I know you'd laugh.
He didn't have a clue, by the way.
Totally reminds me of the awesome shoes you borrowed from me to play volleyball in. leaving pieces of shoe on the court, awesome! They brought us luck because we made it to championship game!
ReplyDeleteThanks Melissa, I am so glad you remembered your bball shoes - that funny story totally fits in with this one. While I don't remember the cracked leather spilling all over the gym floor, it very well could have. Those shoes were the pits.
ReplyDeleteThe difference here is that I knew how ridiculous I looked, my son didn't.