I'm Going to Scream

That is exactly what my youngest said to me at the doctor's office the other day before her immunizations. She knew she had to get "healthy pokes" and she was not happy about it. She heard me make the appointment five days prior and asked me each day if "today" was the day.
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn194/nettech9276/shot.jpg


Well, there isn't much more I can do but laugh now, but this kid screamed so loud and for so long in the doctor's office, surely I lost hearing. Right when the doctor walked in, she belted out a high-pitched scream. After I convinced her the doctor wasn't going to poke her, she calmed down, but wouldn't let go of me. She was kind of like a ferret ( is that the animal that holds on and won't ever stop holding on -- there is a movie I watched long, long ago where something like this happened and the guy was out on some dusty terrain, hmm, what movie was taht?). Anyway, she clung to me to save her life.

They had to call in backup. One nurse held her arms down, the other one gave her three pokes. Then, it was over. Screaming over, sadness over. They earned their money. I still live with the kid . . .
My Little Victim

No comments:

Post a Comment