Little girls are so easy and their birthday parties are too --
unless of course, they (girls or the parties)
aren't (like last year when it rained on my daughter's JULY birthday party). That sounds like a Yogi Berra statement to me.
My little girl mostly just wanted her babysitters to come to her party, but luckily two of them were out of town. So, the remaining "lucky" babysitter came along with two other 3 yr olds.
.JPG) |
| Here, we were making rainbows with fruit loops and gold coins - thanks to pinterest for the idea, it was great |
The hit of the party was when Aidyn brought out a mass quantity of barbie dolls that she used to play with her sisters. She got right down on the floor and played with them and the girls all LOVED it. I was cracking up as I listened to them. Apparently, some of Ken's wardrobe was seriously and permanently malfunctioned. The elastic was no longer elasticizing (made that word up, can you tell) around his waist band. The girls were so concerned about Ken's pants staying up and just couldn't figure out why his pants were always falling.
.JPG) |
| The little girls could've played like this for hours, no other party entertainment needed |
We had lunch during the party and when my older daughter said the mealtime prayer, she was sure to include a requested blessing upon Ken that his pants might stay up.
Amen
I am babysitter envy, I never had a Ken. Marci did though, I think.
ReplyDeleteI would have wanted the Ken dressed in Aerobic workout gear to go with my work out barbie. (Yes, I still have her and Yes, the leg warmers are still on her. AND her little work out bag with goodies inside.
Wow Melissa -- really? I shouldn't be suprised. You take good care of your things. Well, I guess I still have Pinky :-) The Ken of "our" day had painted on hair. The Ken that Aidyn brought over had real barbie hair that she and her sister had cut themselves, it looked really sweet. In fact, many of the barbies she brought had haircuts from her family beauty shop :-) made no difference to the 3 yr olds.
ReplyDeleteThe Ken of my day only had one leg
ReplyDeletePoor Jane
ReplyDelete