My son, so sincere and curious asked me this question tonight:
"Mom, will boys die before girls because boys don't have as many health points?"
He went on to explain that boys like to wrestle and get hurt so that probably loses "them" some health points.
Now, I will back up a little bit. In one of the units my son's class studied, health points were determined based on what type of food the students ate, the amount of exercise they got, sleep, etc. Ever since this unit, I will get random comments about how "I am not going to eat that because it doesn't have enough health points." (Granted, that kind of statement sort of makes me crazy since I do try to feed my kids healthy food and when he questions the health standard of my food, I think I should throw him out.) Or, "I need some health points, so I am going to ride my bike." Most of the time I get quite a chuckle by this kid's accountability and desire to be healthy.
I was so happy tonight when he announced he had made the decision to stop teasing Anniston, a girl in his class at school. Of course, he follows up with, "But she is still my arch-enemy". He has been losing some health points because of teasing Anniston. (He determined that.) He's had to lose recess privileges a number of times this school year because he is an almost constant teaser and she is smart enough to make some noise about it EVERY time.
No comments:
Post a Comment