Immodest Dress

I am on a "Starvation Vacation" in the hospital. I had a surgery the other day resulting from "big babies" (childbirth issues). I am staying here for another couple of days. I am in minimal pain and really quite enjoying some time reading books and watching movies. I can't eat anything but ice chips, so that is a bummer, but other than that, I love having nurses take care of my every need.

Having my children and husband visit me each day is the highlight. They are so dear and sweet. Here are a few of my observations:
  • 6 yo has been wearing the same mismatched socks for three days now
  • 3 yo has been wearing the same outfit for two days, with the exception of a brand new pink belt; my husband claims she has no other pants and this pair doesn't fit so he went out and bought a belt. I kindly pointed out that there is a pile of unfolded, clean laundry on the couch in the living room
  • 8 yo son stays right by my side the entire time they visit each day; he is so sweet. Today he brought in a letter he had initiated, in part saying, "Mom, home is just not the same without you."
  • All three children are fascinated by my catheter 


Yesterday when the kids came in, this is what they brought me:
They had each chosen flowers to add to the beautiful boquet. I love to look at it and smell it.

6 yo came in today and walked right over to my bedside, touching my hospital gown she said, "Mom, you are still wearing that immodest dress."

2 comments:

  1. Amen, little sister! Those hospital gown have always been a little too breezy for the likes of me. Hope you get all the way better soon!
    Love ya!
    Linnae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linnae,

    There is plenty of breeze in these hospital clothes. Maybe one of my other posts can include the picture my friend took of my showing off the "obesity-awareness-sized" pants I was given.

    Oh, and one update on the pile of unfolded laundry on the coutch at home. My husband said they started on it today. He said, "What is that - like three weeks of clothing?" No, dear - that is one week.

    ReplyDelete