"Mom, you wear that outfit every week"

I actually do have more than one outfit. In fact, I have categories of outfits: Mom clothes, Fun Clothes (date night, girls night), and Professional Clothes.

I was informed this morning, after turning down the almost daily question: "Mom, can I pick out your outfit today?" that the outfit I had chosen is the same one I wear every week to my daughter's social arena - 2 1/2 hours of kindergarten.


This is a small sampling of one random picking of Winter 2010

My husband and I fear the future with this girl, she is going to push every limit (yesterday in Costco she said, "Mom, that lady's shirt has a big part missing in the back" (I don't know the fashionable terms for such clothing, but the shirt was just a cotton shirt with a big diamond shaped cutout in the back). I acknowledged the shirt and the question and then asked my daughter, "Do you like that shirt?". She had a puzzled look in her face, trying to decide the correct answer. I can't remember what she said now, but maybe it was something like, "I think it shows a little skin Mom" (that is kind of how we have described modesty around here). I know she liked it. I know I am in for it with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment