But, before I got to the big pit, I learned I would be charged an additional $25 if I didn't cover and tie down my load, according to Washington state law. So, I headed back home. Fortunately, Callie remembered one of the items in the load was a trampoline cover (don't even ask). Brilliant!! So, we pulled over to the elementary school that is just a few blocks away from the dump. We easily tied down the load and covered the whole thing. Oh, and in case you are wondering, signs were posted all over the place about making sure the load is covered and tied down. I must have been too busy enjoying the mural and wondering what could possibly be behind it!
Before all of this, I had stopped at the dump on the way home from a nice lunch with friends, to find out logistics (cost $24.25 minimum, hours of operation - closes at 5:30, procedure for dumping - "if you take your microwave and lawn mower to Factoria, you can recycle them for free", didn't find out about the covered load part though). I rushed home and loaded up the rental truck, excited to be getting rid of things, and only considered for half a second driving during rush hour to Factoria to recycle vs dumping to middle earth, or wherever that pit leads.


No comments:
Post a Comment