Oh well about that.
They'll get used to green waffles, I promise.
Last Saturday, when my children were making cookies, I joked with them that they should try to make the cookies healthy (I did get them to use one cup of wheat flour instead of white). I didn't realize they took me seriously. At some point they added a few spinach leaves to the cookie dough!
I didn't discover the leaves until after they delivered two plates-full to neighbors. This is what I saw:
Isn't that a nasty surprise? It did make me laugh. I quickly texted the two families that received plates from us and explained how the "joke was on me -- ha haha" and to try and not be bothered by the spinach leaves interspersed with cookie.
YIKES!
I delivered three more cookies to one other person. Hopefully, he thought it was funny. He said the cookies could win an award, so I think we are OK. BTW, this recipe, "Heavenly Chocolate Chip Cookies" hasn't won me any awards, but I do like to think it won me a husband.

No comments:
Post a Comment