Goin to Jackson

I love that Johnny Cash song/duet with June. The lyrics go something like, "I'm goin to Jackson . . . .goin to Jackson town".

The end of the school year was definitely stressful and adding travel plans immediately after the last day of school didn't help things any. I was able to pack and prepare for the most part, but once I sat in the car, I couldn't make it ten minutes without falling asleep. Poor Darren, he pulled over once to trade off driving (heading to family reunion in Wyoming). I happily got going with many snacks in hand. . . . only to make it about twenty miles. Seriously, Darren said he had seen the mile marker where we exchanged seats. I couldn't go another mile before I needed another rest. Pathetic.

Oversharing these details helps set the stage for this post, I promise :-).

Needless to say, we did make it to the family reunion in Star Valley, which was Awesome. Seeing my dad for the first time since he'd had one major health crisis after another in January, February and March was definitely high priority for me.


I was also excited to see my niece McKenzie since she came home from her mission to Kansas. I was happy to be with family again. It all felt surreal - I was in a beautiful mountain-ish area with my family. Heaven.
Cousin Fun

Cute Girls

We had a room with a view :-)

Cottonwood Canyon - I think :-)

Moss Posse

The reunion was over in a snap. It was all so fun and happy and simply great. After we said our goodbyes, my little family headed northward to Jackson Hole. I had already made reservations for a hotel and we just planned to stay a night before heading over to see Darren's family in Idaho Falls.

The drive from Star Valley to Jackson is gorgeous, by the way :-). Once we got into town, we couldn't find the hotel I had reserved. It turns out, I had reserved a hotel in Jackson Missisissippi. I'll blame it on the internet age. I have no idea why my phone thought I wanted a hotel in Missisissippi, but when I did the search, that was what came up I guess (couldn't possibly have been oversight by the user, right?). This is another example of pushing too hard at the end of the school year :-).

Jackson was loads of fun. We went down the Alpine Slide that first evening. My kids were each so funny. My oldest was extremely cautious,
 my middle child extremely happy to be sliding along, and my youngest, well, I will let you interpret her reaction.

Reports were that she screamed the entire way down

1 comment: