When she started to lose control and really turned on the whining, I still said no. She said, "Mom never buys us anything good." My youngest daughter then chimed in helpfully to her sister, "but, look, Mom bought us all this toilet paper."
Charmin -- We all go, why not enjoy the go?
I took my girls to Costco tonight just to grab a "few things". My older daughter made multiple requests of food as we bustled around the store as quickly as possible (always - right?). I said no to the pumpkin Halloween cookies that kids can decorate, I said no to the produce room that is always fun to explore. I can't really remember the other things I denied my children :-).
When she started to lose control and really turned on the whining, I still said no. She said, "Mom never buys us anything good." My youngest daughter then chimed in helpfully to her sister, "but, look, Mom bought us all this toilet paper."
I did break down and buy the girls a $.25 gum ball out of the machine. See, I'm not so bad.
When she started to lose control and really turned on the whining, I still said no. She said, "Mom never buys us anything good." My youngest daughter then chimed in helpfully to her sister, "but, look, Mom bought us all this toilet paper."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
U gave in! Agh!
ReplyDeleteJust kidding.
Cute posts. I love to go to Costco on a Saturday, with an empty stomach. I certainly get filled there with their samples.
That desk pic is pretty cute, by the way!
There's always so many options at Costco. It's hard not to want some of everything! We bring a list and try to stick to it, despite kidlets whining. It can be a tough row sometimes. Since our closest is a 35 minute drive away, we only go about once a month, so that helps.
ReplyDeleteAlso, we buy our toilet paper at Costco, too. Mostly because I'm kind of OCD about not running out--ever. I may or may not have an extra toilet paper stash in one of the kids' closets, in case the Costco supply doesn't hold out... (just working on my years' supply.)