A New Way of Communicating

I don't know that I need to explain much on this one other than that my phone is getting the best of me. I recently got a new cell phone, and because it is touch-screen only, I can't stand to text on it. Texting takes forever on touch-screen only. I much prefer a slide-out keyboard style of cell phone. But, alas, I digress.

My phone has a feature where I can talk to it and my voice is transcribed into text or email. However, sometimes my messages aren't quite what I meant to say (the phone thinks it can guess what I am going to say). Here are two LOL moments from the past two days - both totally innocent and sincere:

  • Texting my husband about our upcoming date:

Me: Hi Dare, What time do you want to leave our house for our date tonight?
My phone's interpretation: Hi dear what time should it what time do you want to leave our house for our date tonight

Response: Well lovey, I cannot be ready until midnight, whew whew !! Where we going sugar?

Me: Sweetie, you know what I mean   (I had to get a babysitter lined up you know)

Response: OK, by this time, I realized I hadn't been texting my husband all along. I had actually texted my sister. I started laughing and could barely give a response.

  • Fast Forward to the next day

I get an email message from my other sister asking if I was watching our nephew's football game. I got excited and turned the football game on right away. Within about five minutes, our nephew scored a touchdown (in a most awesome way - he broke free from the defense and ran a whole bunch of yards). So, I quickly got on my phone and wrote/voice-typed a message to her that looked like this

Me: Go Tate Go Tate
Phone's Interpretation: Go take go take a s***

Response:  Did you just swear? What the heck are you saying.

Oh -- I can't believe all of this! I am getting burned by my phone. I will still voice type, but I promise to be more careful. Good grief . . .

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I am laughing my head off! You are so funny! I can only wish I was the recipient of one of your voice texts... But alas, I've only received your garbled text texts like this:
    Havr a nrw phone yhT id yoich xvrernn
    Dribim mr vrazy

    Decipher that!
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, I have a sleeping baby on my shoulder who is getting jostled with my laughing!! Colette's garbled up texts were that way EVEN with her old phone .
    Tanner and I were laughing so hard as we responded to her flirtatious date invite.
    Awesome, simply awesome, and now I will go to bed smiling, thank you vav

    ReplyDelete