Finish Your Happiness

I happened across a "funny" from last year that I'll officially record here. I'm just taking out my daughter's name.





Practicing the violin is more of a ‘me’ thing than it is for her at this age (meaning the teacher teaches me and then I have to somehow be patient enough to work with my daughter). Anyway, one day she was doing really well with her practicing both in techniques and attitude, so I started complimenting her saying her name in a sweet, happy tone (of my own). Then, my girl dropped the violin on the floor (she must have thought I was holding it) to which I said, “Oh no, not OK.” (our floors are mostly hardwood, the one in the picture is carpet but she dropped it on the hardwood -- of course). I'm sure I must have had a very non-sweet look to accompany the words.

After picking it up she said, “Finish your happiness Mom”.  It took me awhile to figure out that I needed to finish complimenting her. I guess this can be my lesson for this year which is to finish my happiness. It is pretty easy to get upset over things, but how much better would everything turn out if I would just finish my happiness.


2 comments:

  1. What a cutie... I'm sure I could share some more "happiness" around here. Tell your youngest that I was thinking the exact same thing about Labor Day. Sometimes I need a break from home too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Janie. Thanks for the comment. I definitely need to finish my happiness (or anything for that matter). Labor day breaks are for the birds - have a good one :-)

    ReplyDelete